Events: Goddess Studio Meetup Clan
What is the Goddess Studio "Meetup"?
Our Next Meeting Date & Topic will be...
A little slide show of our 2014 Brigit's Day...
The “Goddess Studio Meetup” is an official group of the international web based networking assistance organization called “Meetup, Inc.”* As an official group, I have paid membership dues ($150 year) to “Meetup” in order to obtain online access to moderate a group.
The intention of the “Goddess Studio Meetup” group is to provide another way for Goddess fans to connect and chat online as well as to create more opportunities to actually meet in person. Also this group is about expanding the community of women who would like to share in any of the other activities offered at The Goddess Studio.
What is the intent for our gatherings?
Our intention for these Meetup gatherings is to empower women, deepen our spirituality, and strengthen our community by sharing about the Sacred Feminine and the mythology of the Goddess.
Since 2011 we've focused on honoring most of the eight sacred seasonal days of the year, called “Sabbats”. (See "Wheel of the Year" image below.)
These gatherings will be educational as well as incorporate ceremony, meditation, dialogue, and sometimes movement and craft making. We’ll be focused on learning and understanding about the significance of the Sacred Feminine and the many Goddess archetypes throughout history as well as how this understanding can add greater meaning and purpose to our lives now.
How do I join theGoddess Studio Meetup?
To join the Goddess Studio MeetUp group on-line, visit:
and click the “join us” button. It’s FREE! You'll just need to submit your email and a password!
(Note: you don’t have to be a member of our online MeetUp group to come to a Goddess Studio MeetUp gathering or any other Goddess Studio event or activity.)
PS) donations are always appreciated to help me defer the dues I pay to MeetUp Inc, but not required! Just come!
Schedule of next Meetups 2016:
1. Sat Jan 30: Imbolc/Brigit's Day
2. Ostara/Spring Equinox
3. Sat May 7: Beltane
4. Sat June 18: Litha/Summer Solstice
5. Sat July 30: Lammas 1st Harvest
6. Sat Sept 24: Mabon 2nd Harvest
7. Sat Oct 22: Samhain
8. Sat Dec 17: Yule/Winter Solstice/St. Lucia & Guadalupe
Sun Feb 5th, 2017Imbolc / Brigit's Day & Potluck
Join US Goddess Sisters … past, present and future members! The Goddess Studio is happy to HOST the 1st Goddess Studio Meetup Clan for 2017!
Come celebrate the seasons of the Wheel of the Year and Honoring the Sacred Feminine within and without at the Goddess Studio! All women and mature maidens are welcome!
We will learn about the meaning of the Sabbat, celebrate and share!
OUR THEME THIS TIME: "Seeds of Intention" and
Honoring Imbolc or Brigit’s day. Brigit is the Celtic Goddess of creativity: poetry, metal smithing/forging and healing. She heralds in the signs of early spring, the planting of seeds and the upwelling of Gaia’s creative energies. To honor this day, we will be “planting” our seeds of intention by planting or collaging our “image seeds” to help us focus our intent to manifest our desires! This has become a tradition at the Goddess Studio and is really fun and well attended! JOIN US!
WHAT WE'LL BE DOING:
Making Vision Boards:
We had SO much fun with creating Vision Boards last few years that we're going to do it again! If you like, you can bring some special images of your own that represent the dreams that you want to make REAL* - though there will be plenty of images to choose from if you don't have any of your own (We'll supply bins full of images, boards & glue too).
*Optional Bring images: To save searching time during our day, we encourage you to start pulling images together now, if you like! (especially copies of personal photos). You can do image searches on Google and print them out; other good image sources are magazines, greeting cards, gift wrap and wall calendars, and other scrapbooking accessories like stickers and stamps. ALSO, the Studio has a huge inventory of images ready too for us. (PLEASE DO NOT BRING MAGAZINES). And Amalya has scissors and glue sticks too! And we have poster boards handy as well, but if you have your own board or book or whatever to collage upon, do feel free to bring that as well, if you prefer!
BRING: Dinner food for potluck!
WEAR: be comfy!
THINGS TO EXPECT: sacred circle time, crafting and sharing.
1. LOCATION: The Goddess Studio! ~ (Email Amalya for address and gate codes and directions!)
2. TIME: 1:45 - 6:30 pm. Please arrive by 1:45 to give yourself enough time to park and settle in.
Circle starts at 2:00! Potluck starts about 5:45.
3. COST: $20-$30 Love Offerings are appreciated! (Cash, check or credit card accepted at the door, or if you are a member of PayPal, you can simply send $ to [email protected] too with a note saying which event this applies to!) (Love offerings help cover the Meetup Organization fees, supplies, and presenter costs.)
4. PLEASE RSVP: please rsvp on the MeetUp site or email Amalya! And feel free to invite friends~ Women and Maidens welcome!
5. GUIDELINES for sharing in a group: Please acquaint yourself with our Guidelines for sharing in a circle:
Article 1: *In Consideration of Creating SAFE and Sacred Space; and
Article 2: **Council Sharing:Guidelines for sharing in Circle. Follow links to see both pages posted on the Meetup "Pages" tab.
So sisters, please come and play and learn and share with us at our next MeetUps. And please RSVP. I look forward to seeing you and to meeting new sisters too!
Please RSVP on Meetup, or email me directly -- [email protected]
And please continue to feel free to post your great suggestions and feedback. I'm really looking forward to growing our circle and getting further acquainted with each of you.
And as I've mentioned before, feel free to invite a woman friend, you don't have to be an official member of the Goddess Studio MEETUP group to come to any event at the Goddess Studio!
I look forward to receiving your RSVPs!
Until we merry meet!!
- For more about the Goddess Studio Meetup intent, please check out the Meetup "About us" page on the Goddess Studio Meetup Clan site too.
- See lots more photos too on the Meetup site! (NOTE: Photos visible to MeetUp Clan members only.)
- And see lots of essays/articles that Amalya and Victoria have posted too on our Meetup "Pages" page! Anyone can view these essays. (NOTE: When you visit this Meetup "Pages" page, you may have to scroll down to see the Table of Contents list for links to the articles.)
A little slide show of our Yule 2013...